Get Started with a Dental Plan that works for you
Have you planned everything for your years of retirement? I mean are you health-wise covered in all fields? I doubt so. When it comes to dental insurance for seniors, most adults haven’t bothered about it. Don’t believe me? Check these stats…
- More than 30% of the American senior citizen have gum cavities they never get treated.
- Almost 25% of the senior members (between 65 and 74) come with periodontal diseases.
- Almost 30% of the senior men and women have no teeth remaining.
Did you also happen to know?
- It is not necessary that you will loose teeth because you are aging.
- Your mouth will change its shape and size as you grow older.
- Neglect your oral hygiene and you will surely experience life-threatening diseases.
- Your teeth nerves can get smaller. This will make them less sensitive and leave them vulnerable to teeth and oral care.
Having dental health insurance for seniors may not seem like a necessity, however dental care is expensive. Even though loosing teeth may not be a natural consequence of old age, people do loose their teeth gradually as they grow old. There are many issues that automatically crop up for senior people regarding their oral health. Some of them are:
- Losing dental coverage through HMO or PPO post retirement
- Medicare wont provide all kinds of dental coverage
- Every state has a different dental coverage
- Out-of-pocket dental costs can be unaffordable
- Limited coverage for supplemental dental care
- Living in poorly cared for nursing homes
- All these poor health issues led to serious health issues
All these reasons call for a proper dental health insurance plan for seniors. There are primarily two major types of dental plans applicable for seniors:
More Info: https://truecoverage.com/blog/dental-insurance-for-seniors-things-you-should-know/