The best hearing aids can’t be the same for everyone.
The hearing aid that is right for you will depend on a lot of factors, one of the main ones being the severity of your hearing loss.
The best hearing aid for a severe hearing loss will be very different from the best hearing aid for someone with a mild hearing loss, or even someone with a moderate hearing loss.
I am going to break down which hearing aids are the best for severe hearing loss for adults, why I believe they are the best, and some other things you should take into consideration if you have a severe hearing loss.
If there is a specific topic you’d like to read more about, use the Table of Contents below to skip to that section.
Our Top Pick: Phonak Naida V
Our top pick for the best hearing aid for severe hearing loss is the Phonak Naida V.
We picked the Phonak Naida V as the best hearing aid for severe hearing loss for several reasons:
- There are three style options to choose from; a RIC, BTE SP (Superpower), and BTE UP (Ultrapower) so the fitting range will be sure to provide an adequate amount of gain for a severe hearing loss.
- It includes several automatic and manual programs to accommodate changing environments, with a focus on improving speech intelligibility in noise.
- There is a DuoPhone feature for landline phone use which allows the wearer to hear the phone conversation in both ears simultaneously.
- It has a telecoil and an FM System (Roger) can be easily integrated with the hearing aid for more support in background noise or classroom/lecture situations, church etc.
- It is also compatible with Phonak’s bluetooth accessories for smartphone streaming.
- It has an IP68 rating which means it is water and dust resistant for good reliability/durability.
The Phonak Naida V device is made specifically for a severe or profound hearing loss. It takes into account all the hearing needs that a person with severe hearing loss would have, including adequate amplification, clear sound quality, reliability and compatibility, and does an excellent job.
Read More: https://www.everydayhearing.com/hearing-aids/articles/best-hearing-aid-severe-hearing-loss/